Sunday, June 24, 2012

This post was originally made to my Etsy blog account . . . . oops.  As a friend once said of me, "That's a little bit of crazy poking out there."  Ah yes, she was right.

OK so it's Father's Day again and I'm in the same boat as I was in on Mother's Day.  All these tearful and smiling tributes to dads who were precious to their now grown children.  What do you post to Facebook on Father's Day, when the thought of your own still-living father brings nothing but an unspeakable loathing and pain?  What do you do on Father's Day when your father is a convicted sex offender pedophile??  How does one navigate through the Facebook universe of sweet tributes to dads everywhere??

* long sigh*

Well, there's always sick humor . . . . and yes, I am gonna go there.

Ya know how everyone posts a photo of their dad as their profile picture for the day on Father's Day??    Can you imagine this as my profile photo for a day??  ANY day???

And then I could post this heartfelt tribute in my status . . . . .


If I were to give him a gift he really wanted, I suppose it would look something like this:




And can you imagine the reaction if I posted what I really want most of all to give my father on Father's Day???



Yep, that about sums it up.

So you'll forgive me if I don't join in on the Hallmark-Turned-Facebook-Holiday-Festivities, but there's more to my story than meets the eye.

Instead, I will spend the day thinking about my husband who is a "father" to my two nephews-in-law, and my son who is the best daddy in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you, my dad was an absolute horrible person too. Not a pedifile, but an abuser both mentally and physically. He died 10 yrs ago and I still hate seeing all the happy gooey cards and crap that is posted. I wondered how people would react if I posted about how I was glad he was gone and how much better my life is now that he is not in it. We feel how we feel and shouldn't be ashamed.

    Thanks for your honesty!

    ReplyDelete